Karina was born in Kharkiv, Ukraine in 1979 and started competing in Ballroom and Latin Dancing at the age of 11. In 1993 her family moved to US.
Karina studied at Fordham University in NY and holds two degrees – BA in Economics and in IT. She is also a fashion designer and a talented choreographer.
Karina is passionate about fitness. She released a dance fitness DVD called ‘Shape Up with Karina’ and a series of workout DVD’s called ‘Dance FITNESS’. She also runs a busy dance studio in California.
Her most successful professional dance partnership was with Slavik Kryklyvyy in 2001 – 2005, when they reached their top titles together.
Karina had numerous appearances in movies and TV shows in US and worldwide.
Karina’s professional achievements include:
- 5 times US National Professional Latin Champion.
- World Trophy Champion.
- Asian Open, UK and US Open Professional Latin Champion.
- 5 times Dutch Open Champion.
- Vice Champion at Blackpool Festival and the first woman to ever make the “British Professional Final” with four different partners.
- Dancing With The Stars US Professional for 18 seasons.
Did you know?
Karina started with figure skating when she was 2 years old.
She is a very keen Sky Diver and Scuba Diver.
She also won a celebrity cooking show in US.