Max was born in Kiev Ukraine and started his career as a ten-dancer. At the age of 12 his family moved to Los Angeles and Max continued his dancing shortly after the relocation. That was also the time, when Max stared American Smooth.
Max continued with International Ballroom and Smooth for a while reaching finals in all major US and International Championships.
Max retired from competitive dancing in 2020. He is most known for his Smooth achievements with his last partner Tatiana Seliverstova:
– 3 times World Smooth Vice Champion
– 3 times United States Vice Champion
– 3 times Blackpool Smooth Bronze Medalists
– Dance Oscar Winners for the Best Professional couple
– Ohio Star Ball Show Dance Champions