Jurij and Jagoda come from Slovenia. They started dancing together in 1998 and it was an interesting situation because Jagoda was almost a beginner at the time and Jurij was already ranked 4th in the Youth World Championships so their tryout was unexpected for Jurij. His coach at the time saw something special in Jagoda and suggested the tryout despite the obvious level difference…. Luckily Jurij enjoyed the tryout and decided to go for it.
The couple practiced very hard to allow Jagoda to catch up. They went to reach the finals in all prestigious events and finally win the British Amateur Latin Championships in Blackpool! After that they turned professional and managed to dance in all the mayor finals including UK, International and Blackpool Professional Finals after which they retired in 2015.
Jurij and Jagoda always stayed true to themselves and their storytelling style of dance… Dancing for them was always about what story and which emotions they will bring out for their audiences and that is exactly what they try to focus on in their teachings as well… How to use basic principles in order to move your body most effectively so that the story… the message…. the essence can come out the strongest…
Jurij and Jagoda’s professional achievements include:
- 2015 British Open Professional Latin Finalists
- 2013 & 2014 International Professional Latin Finalists
- 2014 & 2015 United Kingdom Professional Latin Finalists
- 2014 Europa Imperial Champions
- 2013 & 2014 Universal Championships Professional Latin Champions
- 2011 Amateur British Open Champions, Blackpool
- 2011 Amateur United Kingdom Champions,
- 2010 European Champions
- 2009 & 2010 Slovenian National Champions
- 2008 World Cup Champions
- 2009 World Games Vice Champions
Did you know?
Jurij likes to build and fly RC air-planes, that are replicas of historic war time machines. He has also restored an antique car and boat for fun.
Jagoda enjoys to read a lot and go for long walks with their dog Vinko.